The Campbell Clan

The Campbell Clan

Monday, August 4, 2014

Grandma and Grandpa are in the house!!!!

My awesome, fun, amazing parents came to visit over Memorial Day weekend. We were soooo excited to have them here! My dad had never been here before so we were super happy that he got to come this time!!
Awaiting their arrival!!!
Their plane got in at about 1230 so we picked them up and hit the ground running! We took them to Chic Fil A for lunch...One of our favorite places to eat! Spokane seriously needs one of these! Then we went to the Liberty jail...



Then we came home and relaxed a bit. Carter was super excited to play super heroes with Grandpa so we got those out. My dad started putting all of the figures on the TV and both the boys thought this was the greatest thing ever. I think they stayed up there for like a week after my parents left...



My dad's birthday was a couple of days after they came... So I made him his favorite German chocolate cake. This was the first cake I made all from scratch... And it was delicious!! We decided to do it the night he got here so he could eat all of it before he left :)


The next day we took them to Union Station. It's Kansas City's old railroad station... Trains don't run through there anymore, but they have got some cool stuff to see there. 
They have a room that has several amazing model train displays...

The inside is huge and reminds me a little of Grand Central station...

They also have a really fun children's museum there, so we had to check that out...

Landing the space shuttle....


Is Grandpa strong enough?


Diggin for Dinosaur bones...

After Union Station we went across the street to Crown Center to kill some time before meeting Nathan for lunch... Kansas City is the city of fountains:) We also got some amazing frozen custard...



Then we were off to Oklahoma Joe's... The greatest BBQ ever. I'm not a huge fan of BBQ, but I love this place! Half gas station, half BBQ :)

I think he liked it:) Actually he LOVED it. He went back three times to buy more sauce to take home!

Carter wanted to celebrate Grandpa's actual birthday at Worlds of Fun.. Out other favorite place in KC. So the next day that's where we went!

Carter took Grandpa on his favorite ride... The Sea Dragon...




Then it was Grandma's turn :)





Next up... More birthday celebration!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment