The Campbell Clan

The Campbell Clan

Monday, October 8, 2012

Hello Kansas City!!!

At the end of July, Nathan and my brother Neil left Vegas to drive all of our stuff to Kansas City. I stayed with Tisha and the kids for a few days, and my Grandma Kelly came to help me out. We flew from Vegas to Kansas City with the kids so I was so grateful that she could help because that would have been crazy with a new baby and a wild 2 year old!!! Plus we always love it when Grandma visits!! She stayed with us for almost 2 weeks and flew back to Spokane with me and the boys for a wedding...more on that later! Once we got to Kansas City we had to unpack and organize the house...which to me is the worst part of moving!! What goes where and what fits where. But after a few days, we had all the essentials in place. We also did some exploring and tried to find our way around here. Thank you so much for helping Grandma!!!! It was such a blessing!!!


While I was running errands and Chase was sleeping, Grandma took Carter to a place called Penguin Park by our house. It is quite the place and Carter loves it.  









We also went and visited Liberty Jail. It is about a ten minute drive from our house and it was incredible to see it. It was so small and I can't imagine staying there as long as they did. I am so grateful for the early pioneers that sacrificed so much for us!! 






Carter decided he needed a turn in the front pack. Sadly enough, he doesn't reach the weigh limit so I let him try it out :)

During Nathan's orientation week, we got to go to Worlds of Fun, the local amusement park, for free one night. It was a lot of fun and it was a great place for Carter!! They have an area just for kids called Planet Snoopy. He could actually go on a lot of the rides by himself. He was in heaven and we will be going back a lot next year!!

Of all the rides he has ever been on, the carousel is still his favorite!



This is what Chase thought :)





He even rode the bumper cars. I was feeding Chase while he did this, but I guess he was laughing the while time. It took him a while to figure out what to do, but he got some bumps in :)
















This ride was crazy!!! As you can see from my face, I think I liked it more than Carter!! It really whipped you around the corners!!!


Towards the end of the night a HUGE thunderstorm came. They actually shut down the park and we got caught in the rain. We were running around like crazy trying to get back to our car!! We were drenched!!! Carter was laughing so hard and though it was the funniest thing ever!!!

Soaking wet in his carseat!!




No comments:

Post a Comment